Procurement and Supply Operations (L2M2)
In any organisation, a significant element of the procurement and supply function is based around the contracting process. This module is designed for those involved in the procurement and supply operation who, to ensure success must demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of the associated components and systems that are at their disposal to support the contracting process.
- 30 hours of module learning time
- 3 Course credits
- Total exam time of 1 hour
Module Two - Curriculum
The second module “Procurement and Supply Operations” in the CIPS Level 2 Certificate course comprises four sections focused on understanding the sources of information on suppliers and customers, and recognise the advantages and disadvantages of pricing methods used for the purchasing of goods or services.
- 1.1 Identify the types of business organisations - Private public and third sector organisations; Production and service organisations.
- 1.2 Describe how organisations operate - People, objectives and structure in organisations; The formal and informal organisation.
- 1.3 Identify the key operating functions within organisations - Differentiation and integration in organisations; Typical functions in organisations such as production, operations, marketing and sales, customer support,human resources, personnel, finance, IT, and technical functions; Differentiating procurement and supply.
- 2.1 Identify types of contracts - Spot purchases; Term contracts; Framework arrangements/blanket orders/panel contracts and call offs.
- 2.2 Identify the kind of pricing arrangements applied in commercial contracts - Fixed pricing, lump sum pricing and schedule of rates; Cost reimbursable and cost plus arrangements; Variable pricing arrangements; Target pricing arrangements; Risk and reward pricing arrangements
- 2.3 Define the different documents that compose a contract for the purchase or supply of goods or services - Defining contracts and agreements; The use of tendering and quotations; The documents that comprise a contract - the specification, key performance indicators (KPIs), contract terms, pricing and use of other schedules; Contracts for the supply of goods or services.
- 3.1 Explain the use of the Internet to locate details about suppliers and customers - The use of Internet search engines to locate details about suppliers and customers; The types of information presented by suppliers and customers on their websites; B2B and B2C E-Commerce.
- 3.2 Explain the use of credit rating agencies - The role of credit rating agencies and credit rating scores; Publications on individual organisations and markets; The use of credit rating scores.
- 3.3 Describe systems used in procurement and supply - Systems for purchase ordering; Capturing data on expenditures; The use of portal sites to locate suppliers or customers; Examples of supplier database systems.
- Fixed pricing, lump sum pricing and schedule of rates
- Cost reimbursable and cost plus arrangements
- Variable pricing, Target pricing, Risk and rewards pricing
All Modules in CIPS Level 2 Certification
You can get the full details of CIPS Level 2 – Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations over here
Why Choose CIPS MatexNet?
- GLOBALLY RECOGNISED COURSES – Throughout the world CIPS qualifications are recognised as driving leading-edge thinking and professionalism in procurement. CIPS is the only independently regulated professional body with an honours degree level qualification. MCIPS Chartered Professional is recognised worldwide as the standard for procurement professionals.
- EXPOSURE TO GLOBAL BEST PRACTICES – MatexNet’s strategic tie up with CIPS to offer professional courses stems out of the essential need of professionally certified procurement and supply chain professionals. Our goal is to bring state of the art best practices and processes in procurement and supply chain to the ever growing market economy in India.
- PRACTITIONERS AS TUTORS – Our tutors are professionally recognised and senior consultants / practitioners and are working across the Public and Private sectors. Each of them bring three decades plus years of industry experience and knowledge to deliver CIPS courses besides sharing up-to-date thinking and best practices.
- EASY ACCESS & FLEXIBILITY – All training is delivered in Classroom format and Live webcasting for Distant learners. You can pick the learning format that works best for you.