The ideal qualification if you’re just starting your career in procurement or if purchasing and supply are part of your role.
It will enable you to recognise and describe the key processes in procurement and build your professional knowledge and competence. It is aimed at entry level people who are new to the workplace and who need to develop their workplace skills and achieve a recognised qualification.
Courses Contents & Units
The Level 2 Certificate course comprises of 5 Units, which are delivered using a blend of group interaction, case studies and role plays to support the CIPS courseware. We have a clear objective which is to ensure students are able to relate the learning to practical experience in the workplace.
The 5 units at this level are:
- Introducing Procurement and Supply (L2M1) – describes the fundamental principles of procurement, supply and supply chains.
- Procurement and Supply Operations (L2M2) – identifies the main types of organisation, the main elements of Procurement and Supply function and the market factors with their impact on procurement.
- Stakeholder Relationships (L2M3) – identifies the fundamentals of the contract formation process, use of systems in procurement and sources of information about potential suppliers.
- Systems Technology (L2M4) – explains how effective admin can ensure timely supplier deliveries. Also explains the necessary documentation and administrative processes involved in forming agreements.
- Inventory, Logistics and Expediting (L2M5) – explains how effective relationships can be formed with suppliers, customers and other stakeholders and identifies the main principles of quality management.
None – you don’t need any prior experience or qualifications to start your studies at this stage.
- Classroom format and Live webcasting for Distant learners
Assessment is through Objective Response and Constructive Response. CIPS exam weeks are detailed on the course schedule.
Membership fees are paid directly to CIPS by the student. Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply.