CIPS Level 2 - Course Overview
CIPS Level 2 certification will enable you to recognise and describe the key processes in procurement and build your professional knowledge and competence. It is aimed at entry level people who are new to the workplace and who need to develop their workplace skills and achieve a recognised qualification.
- Total qualification time of 180 hours
- 120 hours of guided learning
- 54 hours of self study requirement
- Total exam time of 6 hours
- Introducing Procurement and Supply (L2M1)
- Procurement and Supply Operations (L2M2)
- Stakeholder Relationships (L2M3)
- Systems Technology (L2M4)
- Inventory, Logistics and Expediting (L2M5)
CIPS Level 2 - Curriculum
The Level 2 Certificate course comprises of five modules, which are delivered using a blend of group interaction, case studies and role plays to support the CIPS course ware. We have a clear objective which is to ensure students are able to relate the learning to practical experience in the workplace.
The five modules at this level are:
- Understand the role of procurement and supply within organisations
- Understand the organisational impact of procurement and supply
- Know how products and services are received from suppliers and delivered to customers
- Know the stages of the sourcing process
- Understand the need for the effective and efficient administration of purchases made with external suppliers
- Know the importance of ethics and responsible procurement in organisations and supply chains
- Know the types of organisations and how they operate
- Know the components of contractual agreements
- Understand sources of information on suppliers and customers
- Understand pricing methods used for the purchasing of goods or services
- Know the stakeholders in procurement and supply
- Know the key market factors that impact on a procurement and supply function
- Understand the techniques associated with successful and effective communication in procurement and supply
- Know approaches for conflict resolution with stakeholders in procurement and supply
- Understand the use of systems technology and databases and how they contribute to procurement and supply
- Know types of systems for supplier selection, ordering and payment
- Know why quality management is important in procurement and supply
- Know the key elements of effective inventory control
- Understand the principles and processes associated with effective logistics control
- Know how effective expediting can be achieved in procurement and supply
CIPS Level 2 - Exam & Certification
None – you don’t need any prior experience or qualifications to start your studies at this stage.
This certification is a good starting point for anyone new to the profession, with little or no business experience and those aspiring to move into a career in procurement and supply. It is also ideal for managers in other professions and business leaders or entrepreneurs who need to understand how procurement should function and its overall impact on business success.
Assessment is through Objective Response and Constructive Response. CIPS exam weeks are detailed on the course schedule.
Membership fees are paid directly to CIPS by the student. Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply.
Why Choose CIPS MatexNet?
- GLOBALLY RECOGNISED COURSES – Throughout the world CIPS qualifications are recognised as driving leading-edge thinking and professionalism in procurement. CIPS is the only independently regulated professional body with an honours degree level qualification. MCIPS Chartered Professional is recognised worldwide as the standard for procurement professionals.
- EXPOSURE TO GLOBAL BEST PRACTICES – MatexNet’s strategic tie up with CIPS to offer professional courses stems out of the essential need of professionally certified procurement and supply chain professionals. Our goal is to bring state of the art best practices and processes in procurement and supply chain to the ever growing market economy in India.
- PRACTITIONERS AS TUTORS – Our tutors are professionally recognised and senior consultants / practitioners and are working across the Public and Private sectors. Each of them bring three decades plus years of industry experience and knowledge to deliver CIPS courses besides sharing up-to-date thinking and best practices.
- EASY ACCESS & FLEXIBILITY – All training is delivered in Classroom format and Live webcasting for Distant learners. You can pick the learning format that works best for you.