CIPS Level 4 - Course Overview
CIPS Level 4 certification is aimed at those who have been in a procurement or commercial role for at least 2 years and are seeking to progress their career and improve their earnings potential. Graduates new to industry can enter at this level. Typically people who choose this level want to progress into Middle Management procurement roles and build on their experience to earn a higher salary.
Candidates will be expected to provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders on the performance of organisational procedures and processes associated with procurement and supply and will aspire to manage developments in and improvements to the related functions.
Here are some key knowledge and skills expected
- Practical, theoretical or technical knowledge and understanding of procurement and supply and is able to address problems that are well defined but complex and non-routine.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas and has an informed awareness of differing perspectives of approaches within the profession.
- Review the effectiveness and appropriateness of methods, actions and results.
- Scope and Influence of Procurement and Supply (L4M1)
- Defining Business Need (L4M2)
- Commercial Contracting (L4M3)
- Ethical and Responsible Sourcing (L4M4)
- Commercial Negotiation (L4M5)
- Supplier Relationships (L4M6)
- Whole Life Assessment Management (L4M7)
- Procurement and Supply in Practice (L4M8)
CIPS Level 4 - Curriculum
The Diploma course comprises of 8 Modules, which are delivered using a blend of lectures, group interaction, case studies and role plays. We have a clear objective which is to ensure students are able to relate the learning to practical experience in the workplace.
The eight modules at this level are:
CIPS Level 4 - Exam & Certification
Students should have at least 2 years business experience, preferably in a purchasing or supply chain environment, although this is not essential.
Alternatively, you should have completed the Level 2 Certificate & Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Procurement & Supply.
Assessment is through Objective Response and Constructive Response. CIPS exam weeks are detailed on the course schedule.
Membership fees are paid directly to CIPS by the student. Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply.
Who Should Consider this level?
- Buyer / Senior Buyer / Chief Buyer
- Purchasing Manager / Procurement Manager
- Procurement Executive / Purchasing Executive
- Contract Manager/Category Manager/Logistics Manager
Why Choose CIPS MatexNet?
- GLOBALLY RECOGNISED COURSES – Throughout the world CIPS qualifications are recognised as driving leading-edge thinking and professionalism in procurement. CIPS is the only independently regulated professional body with an honours degree level qualification. MCIPS Chartered Professional is recognised worldwide as the standard for procurement professionals.
- EXPOSURE TO GLOBAL BEST PRACTICES – MatexNet’s strategic tie up with CIPS to offer professional courses stems out of the essential need of professionally certified procurement and supply chain professionals. Our goal is to bring state of the art best practices and processes in procurement and supply chain to the ever growing market economy in India.
- PRACTITIONERS AS TUTORS – Our tutors are professionally recognised and senior consultants / practitioners and are working across the Public and Private sectors. Each of them bring three decades plus years of industry experience and knowledge to deliver CIPS courses besides sharing up-to-date thinking and best practices.
- EASY ACCESS & FLEXIBILITY – All training is delivered in Classroom format and Live webcasting for Distant learners. You can pick the learning format that works best for you.