CIPS Level 5 - Course Overview
CIPS Level 5 certification is designed for the more experienced members of the profession who are expected to develop, improve and fulfill functional business objectives and also formulate direction. Such individuals will also manage change and lead and influence internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to procurement and supply. The required knowledge and skills are developed as learners perform practical, work-related tasks that encourage the development of appropriate work related behaviours and transferable skills. Transferable skills are those such as communication, teamwork, and planning and completing tasks to high standards, all of which enable the learner to add value to the organisation.
Here are some key knowledge and skills expected
- Has practical, theoretical or technical knowledge and understanding of
procurement and supply and develops ways to address broadly defined,
- Analyses, interprets and evaluates relevant information, concepts and ideas and understands differing perspectives, approaches and ideas within the profession and the reasoning behind them.
- Can use relevant research or developments to inform actions.
Five Core Modules & Three Electives
- CORE – Managing Teams and Individuals (L5M1)
- CORE – Managing Supply Chain Risk (L5M2)
- CORE – Managing Contractual Risk (L5M3)
- CORE – Advanced Contract and Financial Management (L5M4)
- CORE – Managing Ethical Procurement and Supply (L5M5)
CIPS Level 5 - Curriculum
The Level 5 Advanced Diploma course comprises of five core modules and three electives, which are delivered using a blend of group interaction, case studies and role plays to support the CIPS course ware. We have a clear objective which is to ensure that you are able to relate the learning to practical experience in the workplace.
At this level, you are required to complete five core modules, then choose your own learning pathway by selecting three elective modules.
CIPS Level 5 - Exam & Certification
You will need to have achieved the CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
This is not an entry level qualification. You are required to complete or have exemptions from Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
Typical Job Titles:
- Senior Buyer
- Chief Buyer
- Category Manager
- Contract Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Executive
Assessment is through Objective Response and Constructive Response. CIPS exam weeks are detailed on the course schedule.
Membership fees are paid directly to CIPS by the student. Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply.
Why Choose CIPS MatexNet?
- GLOBALLY RECOGNISED COURSES – Throughout the world CIPS qualifications are recognised as driving leading-edge thinking and professionalism in procurement. CIPS is the only independently regulated professional body with an honours degree level qualification. MCIPS Chartered Professional is recognised worldwide as the standard for procurement professionals.
- EXPOSURE TO GLOBAL BEST PRACTICES – MatexNet’s strategic tie up with CIPS to offer professional courses stems out of the essential need of professionally certified procurement and supply chain professionals. Our goal is to bring state of the art best practices and processes in procurement and supply chain to the ever growing market economy in India.
- PRACTITIONERS AS TUTORS – Our tutors are professionally recognised and senior consultants / practitioners and are working across the Public and Private sectors. Each of them bring three decades plus years of industry experience and knowledge to deliver CIPS courses besides sharing up-to-date thinking and best practices.
- EASY ACCESS & FLEXIBILITY – All training is delivered in Classroom format and Live webcasting for Distant learners. You can pick the learning format that works best for you.